To be healthy and happy, you need to eat well. But eating right can seem like a daunting task if you don’t know where to start. The good news is there are so many apps that can help. In this article, you’ll learn what factors can hinder you from achieving your goal, what you can do about it, and eight popular meal replacement apps to help you on your wellness journey.
What Roadblocks Will You Face on Your Road to a Healthier Life?
There are a few factors that can hinder you from achieving your goal of eating healthy. One of the main reasons people don’t eat well is because they don’t have enough time. This can be due to work, family, or social obligations. Planning and preparing healthy meals can take up a lot of time, which is why meal replacement apps can be helpful.
Other factors that can hinder you from eating well include cooking skills, financial issues, and not having the proper ingredients on hand. Some also suffer from eating disorders that eventually affect how they see themselves. While wellness apps can be a great start, debilitating mental health disorders will need all the professional help you can get. Reach out to your healthcare provider for bulimia or anorexia treatment options so that you can create a treatment plan.
How Can You Get Past These Roadblocks?
If you lack the skills in the kitchen and don’t have time to prepare healthy meals, this is where meal replacement apps come in handy. They take care of all of this for you. However, before choosing an app to help you achieve your wellness goals, it’s important to understand what factors can lead you to pick the wrong one. For example, if the app only helps with healthy eating and doesn’t address why you’re using it—your mental health—then this is not a good option for you.
If finances are what’s keeping you from eating better, look for an app that offers more than one meal style (e.g., vegan, paleo, etc.), so you can find one that fits your budget. And lastly, if you’re struggling to find time to cook or just don’t have the ingredients on hand, there are meal replacement apps that send pre-made meals to your doorstep.
Now that you know how to get around some roadblocks that will hinder you from eating better, let’s look at some helpful apps to help you achieve your wellness goals.
Eight Popular Meal Replacement Apps
- Earth Diet: Earth Diet is a meal delivery service that focuses on plant-based meals. The key to a healthy lifestyle is to eat more plants and less meat, which is why this app has an abundant list of vegan options. Not only do most of them contain at least one serving of vegetables, but most can be made in under 15 minutes.
- HealthyOut: HealthyOut offers a wide variety of healthy meal options, which you can find by either searching for something specific or looking through the app’s extensive list of restaurant menus. You don’t have to sacrifice eating out with friends because this app helps you make healthier choices. Just pick what type of cuisine you’re in the mood for, and HealthyOut will come up with a list of restaurants and dishes to choose from.
- FitMenCook: FitMenCook offers healthy, easy-to-follow recipes so you can eat well and feel good about yourself at the same time. This app’s unique way of presenting its recipes makes cooking enjoyable, especially if you love to learn new things. The app has more than 1,000 recipes divided into categories like “Fast & Easy,” “Bulk It Up,” and others.
- LifeSum: LifeSum is not only a meal replacement app but also an all-around wellness app that guides you on how to live a healthier life. You start by taking a quiz to see where you need improvement, and the app offers tips and tricks on how to fix these areas. One of the best features about LifeSum is that it tracks your food, water, exercise, and steps intake so you can see your progress.
- Feed: Feed is a meal replacement app for people who want to eat healthy without having to cook. This app offers an ever-changing menu of healthy, pre-made meals that are all organic and gluten-free. You can either have them delivered to your doorstep or pick them up from a local store.
- Huel: Huel is a meal replacement app for people looking for a vegan and environmentally friendly option. The app has over 100 flavors of its plant-based meals designed to boost your energy without sacrificing taste.
- Daily Burn: Daily Burn is an app for people who want to get fit and lose weight. The app offers a variety of workouts—from cardio to strength training—that are specifically designed to help you achieve your fitness goals. In addition, all of the videos are led by a fitness expert with a steady calorie burn rate.
- Bite This!: Bite This! is an app for people who want to be healthy and save money at the same time. Not only can you get great deals on food and products, but the app also offers a wide variety of healthy recipes that are affordable and easy to make.
You’ve learned about eight popular meal replacement apps to help you in your wellness journey. Which of these healthy eating options do you want to try? Your journey starts now.